Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behavior inside as well as outside the College campus.
- Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
- All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed and are expected to be present in the class well within time.
- Students are refrained to ask any kind of administrative queries to the teachers.
- All the students shall appear the internal examinations as per schedule; complete the Sambalpur University Examination form fill up process in time.
- Students are expected to pay their fees in time.
- Students are self-responsible for applying for Prerana Scholarship by Government.
- Carefully handle the furniture, equipment, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property. Follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations.
- Any act which obstructs teaching, research, administrative activity and other proceedings of the college is strictly prohibited. Use of Cell phones is strictly prohibited during class hour.
- Misbehavior towards juniors, girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
- Chewing paan, or any other tobacco products, smoking or consumption of any other intoxicating products is strictly prohibited.
- A resident is required to disclose all past medical history. Any nondisclosure of past medical history is at the risk of the student.
- Room allotment shall be done by the authorities. Residents shall not interchange their room or furniture allotted.
- Staying in hostel during class hour is not allowed. Residents should use torch light during night time while moving in the campus.
- Each student resident has to record bio metric attendance record every day during breakfast and dinner.
- Strict silence shall be observed in hostel from 10.30 pm to 6.00 am. Residents are requested to use electricity and water wisely.
- Clothes should be dried outside the rooms to avoid bad smell and unhygienic. The residents shall treat the staff and housekeeping staff of the Hostel with due courtesy at all times.
- Students are allowed to go for outing on holidays and Sundays of their own. They must return to the hostel before 5.00 PM. While going out of the campus, residents are responsible for signing the register at security gate and submitting the gate pass and collecting the same once they are back in the campus.
- No resident shall take any visitor including her/his parents to the room. The visit of boys to the girls’ hostel and vice-versa is restricted.
- Residents are requested not to take wet foods/cooked foods to room to keep rodents away. Only sick meals can be served in the room. Students are not permitted to cook any food in their rooms.
- The college authority may at their discretion inspect /check any room or resident’s belongings living there in any time of the day or night. Workers/electrician etc. can visit the girls’ rooms only with the prior permission of the authority and after getting the affirmation from the girl residents.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol, tobacco products etc. and non-vegetarian foods will lead to immediate expulsion from the hostel.
- Meals shall be served in the dining hall of the hostel during the scheduled hours as notified from time to time.
- No meal or refreshments shall be served to boarders outside the dining hall except sick meal.
- Food served is unlimited except special items like sweets, raita, curd etc.
- Food quantity is prepared with an estimate. If any food item is finished any day, demand for the same item will not be entertained.
- Diners are requested to follow proper table manners.
- Sharing of food with non-resident students not allowed.
- Day scholars should not bring non-veg food in their tiffin box. It is not allowed in the dining area.
- Residents shall refrain from entering the dining hall without being appropriately dressed. They should tie their hair properly for entering into the dining hall to avoid hair to be found on plates.
- In no case, a resident can enter the kitchen either to collect food or to communicate any grievances regarding food with kitchen staff. The matter to be brought to Hostel & Mess Committee members only.
- Residents are requested to wash their plates properly after use.
- Residents are requested not to waste food. If a resident is found repeating the mistake, strict disciplinary action shall be taken.